Sunday 26 April 2015

Lone nuts

It could be that others perceive my motivation as for myself rather than for improving student learning, because I do not clearly state this. Perhaps I assume that it is implicit in my words and actions. Work is more satisfying for me if my students are achieving their best and reaching their potential....perhaps I need to leave out my desire for professional satisfaction when I talk about the things we are doing or want to do and just focus on student learning.... Some people don't believe in altruism, which quite honestly hurts my feelings.

However, my other belief about good leadership is that people should know who you are and what you stand for.....

or maybe I just talk too fast....

1 comment:

  1. When you view Ken Robinson's Death Valley discussion this week, if you haven't already, think about how your comment "Some people don't believe in altruism..." fits with what he is saying are the drivers of the wrong directions education is currently taking. That is why it is so important that school leaders like yourself explicitly get other teachers focused upon the learning that the technology can deliver rather than the technology itself. Technology use will follow if you can convince them of the wonderful things it can do for student learning! :)

    ReplyDelete