Sunday 26 April 2015

My last post from a different pov

To do list:


What can I do to support Grade 2 students in using the IWB


Teach two students how to set up the laptop


Provide them with a range of online and software activities linked to the learning intention of the lesson.


Develop norms of behaviour with the group around using the IWB for exploring a text.


Invite students and teachers from the upper primary class to see how the IWB is being used.


How do I get students excited about sharing their learning


Create a video using student reflections then teach two more students how to use iMovie or Movie Maker to create their own.


How can my students develop reading and viewing skills using the IWB?


How can an IWB help students to evaluate and judge information in the news - an example of authentic learning.


How can students collaborate outside the school using the IWB/MS Lync?



1 comment:

  1. Well, a different view true Angela. But let's take the first one again "What can I do to support Grade 2 students in using the IWB " My question is, Why are they using the IWB? Your supporting them still seems just focused upon the technology. What is the pedagogical reasoning behind doing this? That is what is really important. Do you see what I mean? Learning how to use the equipment is necessary it is true, but it only matters if you know clearly why you are using it.

    The other questions like "How do I get students excited about sharing their learning" ... OK now you're talking! :)

    ReplyDelete