Thursday 16 April 2015

Thought Bubbles of the Random Kind

Thought I would do a mental stocktake of things going on. I have now learned how to use Blogger, which is pretty good. I've had a Twitter account for 6 years, and was occasionally using it , but am finding that it is now much more useful, because there are more people using it for professional purposes. I have used Google Docs before, and don't mind it. It will be easier to use when I get the TSS to upgrade my L420 to Windows 8. Am seriously considering getting a Mac in next year's notebook rollover.  I've learned how to use Vimeo, and am also keen to use iPads for video and movie making, as the Edustar video tools are not as quick to use.


As I write I am cognisant of the need for all of us to try out different things and be flexible and decisive in how we continue to use them (or not). Digital technology tools allow us to do this.....ie we don't have to be married to an idea to try it out.


I have found the Bastow 307 site useful too, although it would be really good if the information in the LSDA guide online matched what was in the printed version. This is the hazard of providing participants both - one digital version would allow us to check it. For example, I was looking up the Personal e-journal and learning plan guide and template, just to tune my brain back in and it mentions using the Scootle community......not blogger. I feel like I'm being a bit picky, but just when you think you are on the right track you read something different. I also empathise about the time pressures we all face in all of our roles.


For my ARP I am investigating Freshgrade to create online portfolios of the work of my Grade 2 students.  I am pretty sure  my timeline is completely out of whack - it will be updated!



2 comments:

  1. Fair point re consistency Angela - we need to check that as there may be a versioning issue as Bastow307 has undergone several iterations and they may be using an older file :).

    I've checked out your ARP work on Google docs and continue to be very impressed with your enthusiasm and application...my only advice at this stage is not to put too much emphasis on the digital but more on the learning and then translate how the learning is enabled (what learning) or accelerated by the digital. Does this make sense to you (or am I writing something very garbled this saturday morning....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah makes sense.....I've got a clear question now and the reflection this week should draw it together. :)

      Delete