Saturday 2 May 2015

Hungry for Ken Robinson

I really wish the politicians and media hacks who seem to be driving the public debate about OUR world in education would watch AND listen to Ken Robinson. Never mind the Keynesian focus on the market and the economy or Smith's invisible hand or Bentham and Mill's utilitarianism, where it seems to me that everything we do in education must be of use....for generating more money.................


We take for granted that these beliefs from 100, 200 and 300 years ago will continue to be the prevailing attitude...


I cast my mind back to my schooling and can only imagine what my life would have been like if the linear model of learning had not been in place. Unfortunately my school parents are my age and below but they want the same model from 1976 for their children.


So our job is to motivate and teach the kids, the parents, the media and the politicians..........we definitely need higher salaries!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree Ang - if only they got rid of the bean counters and did some creative, curious blue sky thinking!!!!!

    You've got to win hearts and minds to make the shift...and just because people went to school doesn't mean they're experts in schooling/education!

    See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete